Metromix- Breakthru Contest, NJ Bands READ THIS!!!
The ultimate band competition has arrived. With thousands of dollars in prizes (averaged at $30,000) on the line — including 80 hours of studio/recording time, 1,000 unit album pressings, a set of 3 matching amplifier combos in custom hardwood enclosures, a personlized merch line of t-shirts, stickers, and fliers, and a chance to be featured on Metromix — The Metromix BreakThru is setting a new standard for emerging musicians looking to score big.
Best of all, registration and entry to event is completely FREE. No joke.
So here’s how it works: Each month from September to February we’ll be choosing 10 bands from the online submissions, creating profiles for each on Metromix where viewers and fans can vote for their favorite. The 10 featured bands will be given voting cards to distribute and promote themselves during each month’s online voting period. The 5 bands who receive the most online votes will move on to perform at the Brighton Bar in Long Branch, NJ.
The first live competition will be October 7, 2010, and will take place the first Thursday of every month through February. One band from each show will advance to the finals in March. Judging will be based on musicianship, originality of music, crowd draw, and stage presence.
Now here is how to enter: Send us a digital press kit and a sample (or link to) at least 5 full-length songs to email@example.com. ONLY NEW JERSEY BANDS WITH ORIGINAL MUSIC (no covers) MAY ENTER. All band members must be over the age of 18. Submission period begins August 30, 2010 and is free to enter. The first 10 bands chosen to be featured on Metromix will be notified by September 20, 2010
Official Metromix BreakThru Rules
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility. Contest open to bands residing in New Jersey only. Employees of Metromix, The Asbury Park Press,, or Gannett Co. Inc., and their respective affiliated companies, subsidiaries, BreakThru sponsors and advertising or promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with such employees are ineligible.
3. Entry. To enter, send a digital press kit and sample (or link to) at least 5 original songs to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submission period begins August 30th, 2010 and will remain open until January 31st, 2011.
a. From submissions entered, a panel of Metromix staff will select 10 new bands each month from September to February to be featured on Metromix.com (www.jerseyshore.metromix.com) where the public will be asked to vote to determine the 5 bands that will compete at The Brighton Bar in Long Branch, NJ the first Thursday of each month, October-March. The panel of judges at the Brighton Bar each month will choose one band to advance to the final competition on Thursday, March 3rd .Judging will be based on musicianship of band, originality of music, crowd draw, and stage presence.
4. Prizes. Prizes for the winners include (80) hours of studio time at 10LB Productions in Brick,NJ, 1,000 unit album pressings of winning band’s original music and 100 45s vinyl singles by Gig2 Records, personalized merchandise line by Motor Promotional including 100 posters, 10,000 promotional fliers, 5,000 stickers, 100 t-shirts, & band press photo, 3 amplifier combos in custom hardwood enclosures, feature article on Metromix.com, Northeast regional tour booking assistance through Gig2 Records, and $500 for tour support. Runner-up will receive a digital album release of original music through Aeria Records and 5,000 personalized stickers. 2nd runner-up will receive 10,000 personalized fliers. Prizes must be accepted as awarded; no cash equivalents are allowed and the prize may not be transferred to another individual or sold or bartered. No substitutions allowed, except that prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability and Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Winners are solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes. Winners will be required to show photo ID to claim prize and may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, and a liability and publicity release. Failure to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules may, at the sole discretion of Sponsor, result in a winner’s disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize, and the award of prize to an alternate winner. Persons traveling as guest of the winners must also sign any affidavit or release that Sponsor may require.
5. Participation. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Contest Rules and the decisions of the judges. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Contest as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Contest is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest. Should the Contest be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the deadline date. Except where prohibited, participation in the contest constitutes entrant’s consent to the publication of his or her name and image in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation or further compensation.
6. Limitations of Liability. By entering the Contest, entrants agree that (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action; (2) any claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Contest, but in no event attorney’s fees; and (3) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than damages for actual out-of-pocket expenses.
7. Construction. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Contest Rules, or the rights and obligations of any contestant and Sponsor, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of New Jersey, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of New Jersey, or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than New Jersey. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the invalidity or unenforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
8. General Release. By entering, contestants release Metromix.com and any other promotional sponsors, and each of their respective affiliated companies, directors, officers, employees, representatives, partners and agents from any liability whatsoever for any claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Contest or with the acceptance, possession or use of any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light).
9. Sponsor. Sponsored by Metromix, whose decisions regarding the selection of the winner and all other aspects of the Contest shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Contest Rules or in other materials relating to the Contest.