NPR's Mountain Stage
- Over the next 2 weeks we’re going to promote some of the best public radio programs, stations, and live streams you may not know about…
- We love, love, love this program, which locally in WXPN listening areas you can hear every Sunday night at 6PM or anytime on NPR or Mountain Stage’s websites.
- Hear live performances from some of the most established folk and indie music icons as well as up and coming, amazing talent.
- ‘Mountain Stage presents a live set every weekday from the award-winning public radio program.’
- For live show schedules or broadcast schedules click here
- Some up coming shows feature… Lucinda Williams, Railroad Earth, Ra Ra Riot, Amos Lee, The Low Anthem and more..
- -Info below from Mountain Stage’s Facebook
- December 3, 1983
- Each week Mountain Stage treats radio listeners to the best seat in the house for two hours of live performance, recorded with an audience and heard around the country on NPR. To find a station in your area, visit www.mountainstage.org.
Distributed by National Public Radio (NPR) Mountain Stage Radio Show with Larry Groce is the longest running program of its kind on public radio.
Each week we offer two hours of live performance from five different guest artists, all recorded in front of a theater audience. Contemporary roots, blues, folk, ethnic, world and jazz music from around the globe are all welcome on the Mountain Stage.
Mountain Stage host and co-founder Larry Groce has been hosting the show since its first show in 1983.
Most shows take place at the Culture Center Theater in Charleston, WV, but frequently the show goes on the road. To attend a recording, visit our Live Performance Schedule at www.mountainstage.org.
-Horse Feathers, live on Mountain Stage, by Brian Blauser.