Record Store Day (April 20) is a unique day in which independent record shops receive limited edition vinyl releases from various bands to be sold in store on that day. Third Man Records has announced the reissue of the White Stripes’ Elephant. Warner Brothers who sponsors the event has released some info about the records available this year. Artists range from The Black Keys to Foals. Check out the details below:
- The Flaming Lips will release Zaireeka, an album that comes on four discs that are supposed to be played simultaneously.
- Iron & Wine will release two new songs “Next to Paradise,” and “Dirty Ocean” on a 7.” These tracks won’t be on Iron & Wine’s new album.
- The Black Keys cover the Stooges’ “No Fun” on a 7″ as well as as the original song on the B-side
- Foals have a 7″ Holy Fire.
- Built to Spill are set to reissue their 2000 live album.
- Surfer Blood release a single “Demon Dance” on a 7.” The track is off of their upcoming Pythons LP.
- Tegan and Sara enlisted help from Yeasayer, Morgan Page, and Chris Walla to remix their song “Closer” in 10 different ways on a 12.”